Workplace and Industrial Safety
Employee training is critical to a safe work environment. Information will be presented on employee rights and responsibilities, identification of workplace hazards, dealing with accidents, emergency preparedness, personal protective equipment and Workplace Hazard Material Information System.
Available!Return to Store
Worker safety is of premier importance. Food processing is often on an industrial scale with automated equipment and many potential hazards. Being aware and trained to deal with these potential hazards and workplace situations is critical for employee safety. This course will provide workers in the food processing industry with knowledge of the safety requirements necessary to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
The course reviews regulatory responsibilities for all employees, and the many proactive strategies employed to identify hazards, mitigate their impact and the associated Canadian federal and provincial regulatory requirements. Employee training is critical to a safe work environment. Information will be presented on employee rights and responsibilities, identification of workplace hazards, dealing with accidents, emergency preparedness, personal protective equipment and Workplace Hazard Material Information System.
Who should attend?
This course is applicable to all industry personnel in a food processing plant including: owners, supervisors, production personnel, sanitation team, plant manager, health and safety team, food safety team, etc.
At the end of this Workplace and Industrial Safety course, the participants will be able to:
- Identify and take corrective action against potential workplace health and safety hazards
- Identify different types of hazards and how to mitigate them
- Handle, store and dispose of hazardous workplace materials
- Comply with workplace health and safety legislation
- Properly use, wear and maintain personal protective equipment
- Deal with accidents
- Identify the components of emergency preparedness
- Use and understand Workplace Hazardous Material Information System
The goal of this training is to provide workplace safety knowledge, and practices which will help clients remain safe and prevent accidents in the food processing industry.
- Workplace Health and Safety Hazards
- Workplace Hazardous Materials
- Workplace Safety Legislation
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Emergency Preparedness
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System