Leadership Skills for Supervisors: Communication, Coaching, & Conflict
Communication, Coaching and Conflict are just a few of the topics covered in this one-day course. Leadership Skills for Supervisors gives participants an understanding of the different mindsets we all have, how they communicate and best apply their talents and aptitudes to their work. No matter where you are on the spectrum, this course highlights the skills you have that make you great leadership material and also covers the tips and tricks that define successful leaders in every industry.
Whether a seasoned manager or gearing up for a new supervisory position, this course is an excellent resource to better manage oneself and others in a team environment. Don’t hesitate to add this inspirational training material to your online learning portfolio today!
Leadership is not about a title or a designation. It’s about impact influence and inspiration. Impact involves getting results, influence is about spreading the passion you have for your work, and you have to inspire team-mates and customers. – Robin S. Sharma, Author of The Monk who Sold his Ferrari
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Learn ways to prioritize, plan, and manage your time.
- Identify your primary leadership style.
- Develop some flexibility to use other leadership styles.
- Determine ways you can meet the needs of employees and co-workers through communication and coaching.
- Explore ways to make conflict a powerful force for creative, well-rounded solutions to problems.
Course Outline & Major Topics
- Identifying Your Characteristics and Preferences
- Introverts, Extroverts and Understanding Leadership
- The Situational Leadership II® Model
- Managing Performance
- Servant Leadership
- Onboarding and Orientation
- Considering the Consequences
- Managing Your Time and Your Energy
- The Commitment Curve
- What Can Be Done to Bridge the Commitment Gap?
- Employee Development Models
- The Consequences and Benefits Matrix
- Dealing with Conflict and Difficult Issues
- What Successful Leaders Do
- Creating the Right Environment
Who Should Take This Course?
- Leaders and Team Builders
- Human Resources Professionals
- Supervisory and Management
- Business Owners and Managers