Food Processing Safety & You!
This course provides the food processing industry – more specifically, the production worker, with general knowledge related to food safety and incorporates elements of sanitation and hygiene.
Available!Return to Store
This course provides the food processing industry – more specifically, the production worker, with general knowledge related to food safety and incorporates elements of sanitation and hygiene. It is designed to be informative and interactive so participants can learn about good industrial practices and how to prevent product contamination.
Who should attend?
This course is applicable to industry production personnel in a food processing plant including : new hires, production personnel, etc.
The goal of this training is to provide production workers with sufficient information for them to be major contributors to food processing safety practices.
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the impact of food safety issues
- Describe fundamentals of food safety, sanitation and hygiene
- Distinguish between food safety, product specifications and quality
- Understand the difference between food safety and safe food
- Recognize food contaminates
- Describe the 3 type of food contamination and their sources
- Describe the role of the worker, good housekeeping, sanitation, hygiene, the company and the government in keeping food safe.
- Describe the effects of unsafe food both from a personal and business perspective
- Know what food security means and why it is needed
- Describe or list threats to food security
- Describe the key elements of a food defense plan
- Understand their role in keeping food safe
The goal of this training is to provide food safety knowledge, and strategies which will help clients remain safe in the food processing industry.
- Food Safety
- Food Security
- Food Defense Plan
- Food Safety Culture