Employer and Employee Expectations
This course provides guidelines for employee and employer expectations, business etiquette, personal presentation, and job searching in Canada’s work environment today.
Available!Return to Store
Workplace expectations differ in every country. Canadian workplace culture expects individuals to be competent in speaking, listening and socializing with other people; to know the etiquette of working harmoniously with co-workers and supervisors; and to understand and respect cultural differences in the workplace. Employees are also expected to know general business etiquette, how to dress for the production floor and the office environment, and their rights and obligations in the Canadian workplace. Being familiar with and meeting these expectations are important to job success and career advancement in Canada.
This course provides guidelines for employee expectations, employer expectations, business etiquette, personal presentation, and the job search in Canada’s work environment today.
Who should attend?
This course is applicable to new personnel and management in a food processing plant including: owners, supervisors, production personnel, plant manager, health and safety team, etc.
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the legal requirements for Canadian workplaces for employee rights and obligations
- Meet the expectations for the general business environment and the food processing industry in particular
- Use strategies to address unmet expectations in the workplace
- Know and meet the employer expectations of behavior and attitude
- Know and apply business etiquette for phone calls, e-mail, introductions and interviews
- Understand and use a knowledge of personal space
- Know and follow workplace expectations for personal appearance and hygiene
- Know and utilize sources of job postings
- Use job search strategies
- Use tips provided for before, during and after a job interview
The goal of this training is to provide knowledge, insights and strategies which will help new employees to understand employee – employer’s roles and responsibilities in Canada’s food processing industry..
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Workplace expectations
- Business etiquette
- Job opportunity strategies