Workplace Essentials: Working with Others
Working with Others includes working with a partner or a team to complete your tasks. Every employee in a food processing facility has to work with others during the day, whether you have to collaborate with workers from another department to solve a production issue or work as a member of a larger team to complete a rush order. Being able to work well with others is a skill that your employer greatly appreciates.
- There are many different professional behaviours and attitudes, such as:
- Honesty and integrity
Throughout this course, we take a closer look at the importance of Working with Others in the food processing industry and discover ways that you can enhance your skills as a partner or a team member.
Available!Return to Store
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour
- Model a positive attitude for others
- Collaborate effectively with workplace partners and teammates
- Give and receive positive and constructive feedback
Course Outline & Major Topics
- Demonstrating Professional and Ethical Behaviour
- Representing Your Organization’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Demonstrating Professional Behaviours
- Why is Professionalism So Important
- Set an Example for Co-Workers and the Industry
- Demonstrating a Positive Attitude
- Benefits of a Positive Attitude
- What Does a Positive Attitude Look Like?
- Positive Behaviours
- Can You Teach Someone to be More Positive?
- Promoting Teamwork and Collaboration
- What is Teamwork?
- Together Everyone Achieves More
- Factors that Impact Team Effectiveness
- Every Team Member Makes a Difference
- Teamwork Across Departments and Functions
- Being a Team Player
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Benefits of Positive Feedback Skills
- Helpful Strategies for Giving Feedback
- Receiving Feedback
- Effective vs. Ineffective Feedback
*Receive a nationally recognized certificate for participation in this course
Who Should Take This Course?
- Team Members & Leaders
- Front Line Workers
- New Hires