Food Spoilage and Food Safety
This course outlines the ways food spoilage and how to manage food safety. The course is designed to help new food workers understand their role and responsibilities in prevention and management of food spoilage and food safety.
This course describes the components of food safety and how food spoilage occurs. This knowledge is key to a successful career in the food industry. Knowing what causes food spoilage, when food is bad, how to prevent economic loss due to food spoilage and learning about employee’s role in keeping food safe is the most important skill to have when working with food. This course outlines the ways food spoilage and how to manage food safety. The course is designed to help new food workers understand their role and responsibilities in prevention and management of food spoilage and food safety.
Who should attend?
This course is applicable to industry personnel in a food processing plant who are new to food processing or want to review food safety and food spoilage including: new hires, owners, supervisors, production personnel, etc.
At the end of this Food Safety and Food Spoilage course, the participants will have the knowledge and skills to be able to:
- Identify potential food safety risks on the workplace
- Support a company food safety culture
- Understand basic microbiology, and food hazards
- Identify the importance of a food safety management systems
- Identify the causes of and factors involved in managing food spoilage and food safety
- Basic knowledge of allergens, food additives and nutrients, food processing aids, preservatives, shelf life information and product dating and labelling processes
- Monitoring and verification procedures and documentation
- Control of incoming products, cleaning and sorting contamination control, storage practices, time and temperature control, foods and ingredients to monitor
- Understand how production personnel can help to ensure food is unspoiled and safe
The goal of this training is to provide knowledge about food safety and food spoilage which will help client’s successfully implement preventative strategies in their food processing industry.
- Food Safety and FS Management Systems
- Allergens and Food additives
- Monitoring and Verification