Business Ethics for the Office
What exactly makes a decision ethical? The problem with ethics is that what may seem morally right (or ethical) to one person may seem appalling to another.
This course will not provide you with an easy way to solve every ethical decision you will ever have to make. It will, however, help you define your ethical framework to make solving those ethical dilemmas easier. We’ll also look at some tools that you can use when you’re faced with an ethical decision. And, we’ll look at some techniques you can use so you don’t get stuck in an ethical quandary. Best of all, we’ll look at a lot of case studies so that you can practice making decisions in a safe environment.
Member Price: $100.00
Available!Return to Store
- Understand the difference between ethics and morals
- Understand the value of ethics
- Identify some of your values and moral principles
- Be familiar with some philosophical approaches to ethical decisions
- Identify some ways to improve ethics in your office
- Know what is required to start developing an office code of ethics
- Know some ways to avoid ethical dilemmas
- Have some tools to help you make better decisions
- Be familiar with some common ethical dilemmas
- Course Overview
- What are Ethics?
- Taking Your Moral Temperature, Part One
- Why Bother with Ethics?
- Kohlberg’s Six Stages
- Some Objective Ways of Looking at the World
- What Does Ethical Mean?
- Avoiding Ethical Dilemmas
- Pitfalls and Excuses
- Developing an Office Code of Ethics
- 22 Keys to an Ethical Office
- Basic Decision Making Tools
- Ethical Decision Making Tools
- Dilemmas with Company Policy
- Dilemmas with Co-Workers
- Dilemmas with Clients
- Dilemmas and Supervisors
- What to Do When You Make a Mistake
- Taking Your Moral Temperature, Part Two
- Personal Action Plan
- Recommended Reading List
- Post-Course Assessment