NEXT CLASS BEGINS
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
This course will discuss how food workers need to act, dress and be aware of food safety hazards and how they can prevent them. This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to understand how GMPs support safe food manufacturing and your role in supporting GMPs.
You will be able to identify food safety hazards and understand how food workers behavior and can have either a positive or a negative impact on food safety. This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to understand how GMPs support the safe manufacturing of food and how to implement GMPs.
About this course
- will know how to define GMPs and understand how they support a Food Safety Program
- can clearly identify Food Safety Hazards and understand how Food Workers can both positively and negatively influence Food Safety and safe food production
- will understand their role as a Food Worker you know how to use personal GMPs to produce safe food
- can identify and report symptoms of food borne illnesses
- will understand that hand-washing is one of the most important things you can do to prevent contamination
- will understand both how and why to wash your hands and whether or not you need to wear a glove for your job in your food production facility
- will have gone through the GMP checklist of “Dos” and “DON’Ts” as reminders of the incredible role they play when it comes to safe food production
Who should take this course?
As an industry specialist or consultant, add value to your services by providing your clients with nationally recognized certificates to show their auditors.
- What are GMPs
- Food Safety Enhancement Program
- FESP Prerequisite Program
- Biological, Chemical and Physical Food Safety Hazards
- Growth of Microorganisms
- How do Microorganisms Travel to Contaminate Food?
- Chemical Hazards
- How Chemical Hazards or Allergens Travel to Contaminate Food
- Examples of Physical Hazards
- How Do Physical Hazards Contaminate Food?
- Traffic Patterns
- Your Role in Producing Safe Food using Personal GMPs
- What Does It Mean to be a Food Worker
- Food-Borne Illness Statistics
- Personal GMPs
- Hand-washing and Gloves in Food Production
- personal cleanliness and handwashing
- Proper Handwashing and Sanitizing Procedures
- Food Worker “DOs” and “DON’Ts”
- Behaviours Food Workers should exhibit
- Behaviours that are not acceptable for Food Workers